|Coat of Arms||::: << Prev ::: Index ::: Next >> :::|
The Royal Arms of George III are seen above the tower door. These date from before the union with Ireland (1801), as can be seen by the Lilies of France being quartered there. For many years following the restoration of the Monarchy in 1660, it was compulsory to display the Royal Arms in churches.
Page published: 1 May 2006