|St Mary's Church||::: << Prev ::: Index ::: Next >> :::|
This picture was taken on 14 November 2004, the day after the thanksgiving for the repairs to the tower. Although the bright, newly rendered, cap to the tower now stands out, work also included repointing and new windows.
These days the church is part of a local group and normal services are only held here approximately monthly, with a typical congregation of only half a dozen.
The church silver includes a chalice inscribed "The Towne of East Walton in Norfolk", and dated 1681, so can we assume means it was a somewhat more important settlement at one time?
Page updated: 20 December 2004