|Willow Cottage||::: << Prev ::: Index ::: Next >> :::|
This cottage stands at the north west corner of the common, fifty yards from Jasmine Cottage. As with the cottages in Water Lane, at the far end of the village, this one has been converted into a single dwelling from what was shown in 1892 to be two cottages. It also appears to have been enlarged. Apart from the more traditional, and modern, lean-to extension at the eastern end, there is a full two storey extension at the western end. It seems unlikely that the large upstairs window would have been original.
The track ends outside this cottage and the area outside is always used as a car park. Only walkers can go further, through the gate in the fence that runs across the common, to the more wild areas beyond.
Page updated: 11 February 2005